Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Look What I Just Found!

This is for all of you who knew me when I was 10, ok maybe 12. I was obsessed with horses, I would do anything to be around them. I would even sleep on haybales with my barn friends and during shows we would all sleep on cots in a nearby stall so that we could be closer to the horses. We would awake early in the morning to the fresh scent of showhorses and manure penetrating our skin. However truly unique that story is to the masses, even more odd was my fashion sense. Those who ride the Arabian breed typically wear ropers when schooling. I couldn't have any old color and style though. I needed bright teal lace-up ropers. I was picked on all the time for those darn boots. People would go up to my trainer and ask, "is that one of your riders"? Regardless, I found the same pair of Justin ropers that I owned decades ago in a little vintage shop in the east village this weekend. My heart stood still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...