Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

The Girl With/Who...


I am anxious yet hesitant to begin the last of Stieg Larsson’s Trillogy, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest. I am typically not one for these types of novels. I haven’t been able to stop since picking up the first of the set, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. It is bittersweet. I will finally know the outcome of Lisbeth Salander and Blomkvist but after I am finished, that’s it. There are no more antagonists and climaxes; there are no more vivid girl-on-girl scenes, no more journalistic ventures that will be undertaken. It will be over. I guess this is what the author intended. Tragically, his sudden death in 2004 leaves us wanting to read more. Even more ironic but typical with many great creators, was that he never was able to witness his successes.

With that I leave you to crack the spine of suspense one last time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...