Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lilly Puked All Over My Walk Home //

After having one too many drinks with some close friends at The Mark hotel last night we proceeded up Madison Avenue to have a late dinner at Serafina. In retrospect we should have had dinner and then went to The Mark for drinks. I had a few glasses of a deliciously crisp and flavorful Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (Yealands Estate 2009, Marlborough, NZ) at the bar while everyone else drank fancy pants aperitifs, the cucumber martini seemed to resonate well for the couple we were with.


Let me just say, regarding the cocktails at The Mark, that this place is no Eleven Madison Park and the French male model behind the bar was a far stretch from EMP’s head mixologist Leo Robitschek. Thus I would recommend saving your calories and stick to the wine list at The Mark then visiting EMP for real delights.

Oooh and did I mention the little rodent scurrying about that I as well as a few other patrons saw. I couldn’t help but think that our little friend was very busy in the kitchen assisting Mr. Jean George with his ratatouille. This is New York City and rodents are bound to be running about, I am just glad that this one was very cute. Boy, was that a tangent.

More on the notorious renovation of The Mark and the $60MM penthouse in future posts.

I am sure you all want me to get to the point regarding the title of this post. So here we go. After we were finished with dinner we headed out and were saying our goodbyes and what do I see? A large Lilly Pulitzer monstrosity parked out in front of their flagship store. This promotional vehicle or whatever in the world it was was staring me in the face and I had to take some pics. It looks to me like the Lilly Pulitzer mob had puked all over the little Lilly-mobile, hence the title.




I am not a negative person, well maybe I am but this brand is one that I have always despised. I don’t know why, it could be that my “perfect” little college roommate used to wear it ad nauseam, or the fact that the blaring colors are just too overwhelming for my eyes. I can say with 95% confidence that you will never find me wearing LP. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...