Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Macaroons & The Dentist

After taking my new brother-in-law to his first ever dentist appointment I decided that after that traumatic experience he should have some sort of treat. Right? I mean this was his first ever interaction with a Dentist! In the states we start having these visits at a very young age. We are weaned into believing that they are pleasurable and enjoyable by receiving balloons and stickers at the end of the visit. I remember my  first dentist in Pittsford, NY had an old fashion mailbox setup that housed gifts and if no cavities were found you could choose to open one of the fifty mailboxes mounted on the wall to reveal your gift.

Poor William is 25 years old and wasn't seeing a pediatric dentist his first visit. After we were done and he was told that he needed a root canal for a tooth that had been bothering him we sadly left the office. His head was full of worry and doubt. Being the good new sister, I wanted to cheer him up so on our walk back to the subway I kept my eyes peeled for a treat.

We happened upon Macaron Cafe on 59th Street! I LOVE Macaroons and hoped that my new family member would partake in my love for the scrumptious almond treats. We went in and decided to split four flavors. I can say with confidence that these little bites of deliciousness could rival the best french macaroon's. Win? No! But put up a good fight? Yes. With flavors like matcha green tea, mango and honey lavender how could you not fall in love.

I was happy. He was happy. I think primarily because he was out of that dental office but secondly because the one thing he and I share is our sweet tooth. We had a great time devouring our little treats and he was even so thoughtful to save some to bring home to his wife. Enjoy the collection of Macaroon images from Macaron Cafe below.

Macaron Cafe
625 Madison Avenue @ 59th
New York, NY 10022
phone: (212) 486-2470

Hours: Weekdays 7am-8pm; 
Sat 9am-7pm; Sun 10am-6pm
http://macaroncafe.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...