Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Best Friends Wedding

Setting: Denver, CO
Location: Grant Humphry's Mansion
Theme: Rustic Aspen Chic

This past weekend was my first experience being a bridesmaid. For many girls they are on their twentieth wedding, I can't even imagine having that many girlfriends. I believe less is more when it comes to female compatriates. This weekend, however, I was honored to finally be a bridesmaid. I must say, it was a completely exhausting yet gratifying experience. The bride was my best friend from university. A wonderful woman that I will never forget, always be apart from and will cherish forever. She looked amazing, the groom was too handsome for words and after many worries on my behalf about the bridesmaids outfits (did I mention that this was my first time being a bridesmaid, and realizing that the event was not in fact about me) I have to say that they were absolutly adorable. The entire day was exhilirating. It also helped that it was 80 degrees and sunny which helped.

The day started for me at 7:30 am when I ran to find out what I needed to do with my hair. I realized that I was going to be photographed all day and needed to have my hair looking somewhat decent. So I headed down to the Antoine du Chez Salon in the JW Marriot at Cherry Creek and had my hair blown out. I then went to join the bride and bridal party in the hotel room to finish preperations before leaving for the church. The brides mother surprised the bridal party with a gorgeous white limo to take everyone to the ceremony in style. Once at the church we all huddled in the brides holding quarters in the basement. After realizing that noone acutally had eaten all day we decided to munch on cheeto's that the wedding planner so thoughtfully pre-packed. After washing our orange stained fingers we were ready to head up and get our girl married. After the touching ceremony we all boarded a school bus (the groom is a biology teacher) to take us off for pictures, pictures, pictures. We rented bikes at the local park and took amazingly memorable photographs for the next three hours. Please see pics from our digital cameras below. Professional photos to follow.

The cocktail hour was on the outdoor terrace of the Grant Humphry Mansion in Denver. The reception was then moved indoors for the most amazing thanksgiving dinner followed by all kinds of homemade pies and dancing. The most memorable items for me were the centerpieces and dessert. They had taken 8-inch sections of aspen trees which the groom carved M+K into which was a nice touch and had been the "logo" for the nuptuals. The bride then dressed the tables with sheets of old music and classic literature. On the side there were gorgeous flowers that represented their past and present and they were placed in old jam jars.

Oh and the pies. The grooms mother had baked probably fifty pies and they were so incredibly delicious. My favorite was the strawberry rhubarb, I have come to the conclusion that new yorkers just don't know how to make a good strawberry rhubarb pie, crumble, cake...because I have never tasted anything that scruptious before. They also had apple pie (my second favorite pie), pumkin, blueberry and peach, I think.

The band from Boulder took over shortly after the pies were served. Everyone had a great time singing and dancing to the couples play list. The photo/video team previewed a short compilation of what they had shot earlier that day. If anyone is looking for an amazing photo/video team take a look at MindCastle, they were a great team, produced an amazing product and were a pleasure to work with. I would highly reccomend the Seatle, WA team.

The night ended with mini-bowling in Cherry Creek and jumping into bed. Enjoy the pics!

Detail Images:








The Bride, Groom and Respective Parties









Funny Outakes:



Drinks on the Eve:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...