Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Recap From Yesterday



source: weheartit

After a full day of interviews and job hunting I went to join a friend of mine who was hosting a trunk show for True Faith Jewelry, designed by Ramona Singer the infamous cast member of Bravo’s Real Housewife’s of NYC.

The original intention was to get a sound bite and free press for charity project that our organization, People Reaching Out is working to support in Malawi. Side Note: Yes I am in the middle of a job search and running my own small consulting firm. I need to make a decision soon to either take the leap or get back into a traditional work environment. Regardless, the main point was to meet new people and garner some press but I actually found myself interested in some of pieces in the collection. True Faith has been positioned as jewelry for the every day woman and those who like to swap their collections when traveling. The pieces are obviously not hand made Marie-Lise Lachapelle equivalents but they sit nicely in their marketplace.

The other thing that really piqued my interest was the Pinot Grigio that was being served at the gathering. It was the first time unveiling the RAMONA pinot grigio which has been a collaborative effort between the Singer family and a winemaker in Italy. I was told by Mario, Ramona’s husband that it was his initial idea but her fine taste that led to the final grape selection and end product. The two of them make a great team!

Those who know me know that I am a bit of a wine-o, ok a real pain in the butt when it comes to wine, but I was shockingly surprised. I typically never drink pinot’s unless it’s the only option at an open bar and even then I may hover closer to my water glass than my wine.

The first observation made when I tried the wine was that it had a really good nose. I originally decided to pass my usual wine evaluation steps and just go for it thinking that I would need to swallow and then sarcastically put on a huge smile and say, “Wow that’s great, its an interesting flavor and has great layers and depth” while thinking to myself, I feel so bad for the people that go out and purchase this product. But after the taste registered satisfactory in by brain, I went back to the nose because it was the first thing to grab my attention. After thinking for a few min, I had to say that the wine was not bad. It was actually quite good, well for a pinot.

The nose was very upfront, stable, pleasantly fruity and complex with a tiny bit of spice and on the pallet it was what I call a forward drinking wine. It had great character, a decent texture and mix of flavors that surprised me. I would recommend as a good everyday table wine that would pair well with a flaky white fish that’s subtle in flavor like a branzino or sea bass. I never asked about price point but I would have to say that I could see it retailing in NYC around the $13 mark.

I am so product-ed out at this point. But moving on I do want to comment on all of the terrifically wonderful women I met. Excluding the shows cast members – who were all just a bit too-cool-for-school, all of the ladies that evening were extremely engaging, dynamic and entertaining. One woman whom I truly enjoyed meeting was Nancy Spears. Nancy is a true entrepreneur and marketing guru. She is a published author, and spiritual leader. After selling her first company to the interpublic group she took time to reevaluate her next business venture. She has recently launched genConnect, an online community to connect with the best of life's experts across generations. It’s an online platform to share and engage with experts through articles, Q&A, groups, genConnect TV, genConnect Radio to enrich your career, health, relationships and lifestyle. Be sure to check it out and send in your comments and suggestions.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...